Flourless Banana Pancakes
- 1 banana
- 2 whole eggs
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Mash the banana in a small bowl.
- Beat the eggs until smooth and add to banana. Add baking powder and cinnamon, if desired. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a non-stick frying pan or griddle with the coconut oil. (An easy way to do this is to pour some onto a paper towel and wipe it on the pan; you don’t want too much oil when you make pancakes!) Heat the oil over medium heat for a minute or two.
- Use a ladle to pour some of the batter until the pancake is about the size of your palm. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface, and the bottom is browning nicely.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for about a minute more, until bottom is nicely browned.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Squeezed half lemon
- Fresh strawberries (mashed up)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Open-Faced SALT (Salmon, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato) Sandwich
- Olive oil spray
- 4 ounces salmon
- 1 slice sprouted-grain bread
- 2 lettuce leaves (Romaine is best)
- 2 slices tomato
- Salt and pepper
- Spray skillet with olive oil spray and place salmon in it over medium heat.
- Cook salmon until slightly browned and flaky, about 5 minutes each side.
- Spread avocado on bread and add lettuce and tomato.
- Top with salmon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sweet Comfort Tea
- 1 cup unsweetened light canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Sip and enjoy!