Save money, and go all natural with this homemade mayonnaise recipe!
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
1. Place egg yolk, lemon juice and mustard in a narrow container. Pour over olive oil and let the contents settle.
2. Use an immersion blender and process until the mayo starts to form a creamy texture.
3. Gently move the blender up and down, and continue until all the oil is mixed and the texture thickens.
4. If desired, add kosher salt to taste.