- ¾ lb golden beets
- ¾ lb Red beets
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 romaine hearts, roughly chopped
- ½ red cabbage, shredded
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- ¾ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In 2 pieces of foil, wrap red beets in one sheet and the golden beets in another. Drizzle with some olive oil and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife goes through easily. Let cool and peel. Cut into wedges.
- On a baking sheet, toss cauliflower with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small skillet, toast breadcrumbs for 3-4 minutes or until golden and toasted. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together.
- Toss together romaine, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, pecans, both golden and red beets, toasted bread, and 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette.
- Serve in a big salad bowl and place in the center of the table.
Recipes courtesy of Stuart O'Keeffe.