Life stylist Moll Anderson joins The Doctors to share healthy alternatives to delivery pizza. Cut the carbs — but not the flavor — with this delicious and healthy recipe!
• 1 small to medium-sized head of cauliflower (yield 2-3 cups, once processed)
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (crush between fingers)
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (crush between fingers)
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
• 1 egg
• Optional: 1 tablespoon almond meal
• Optional: A few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/2 cup spinach
• 1/2 cup chopped kale
• 1 cup yellow and green squash slices
• 1/4 cup tomato sauce (no sugar added)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 2-3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Toss squash slices, chopped kale and spinach in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Oven roast for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Set aside.
1. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven at 450 degrees.
2. On a cutting board, place a large piece of parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking oil. Set aside.
3. Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower.
4. Cut off the florets.
5. Pulse in a food processor for about 30 seconds, until cauliflower becomes powdery.
6. Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover.
7. Microwave for 4 minutes.
8. Pour cooked cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
9. Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap it up in the dish towel and ring it out. Remove as much water as possible.
10. Pour ringed-out cauliflower into a bowl.
11. Add parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, kosher salt, dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder and a dash of red pepper.
12. Add egg and mix using hands.
13. Once mixed together, form the dough with hands into a crust on oiled parchment paper.
14. Pat it down thoroughly and tightly form together.
15. Using a cutting board, slide the parchment paper onto your hot pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven.
16. Bake for 8-11 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown.
17. Remove from oven.
Putting the Pizza Together:
1. Add tomato sauce, squash slices, spinach and kale to crust.
2. Put topped pizza back in the hot oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
3. Allow to cool for 2 minutes before serving.