Hungry Hannah's Healthy Secret Ingredient Brownies
- 3/4 cup oats, measured and then ground into flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp cococa powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pureed prunes
- 1 egg, whisked (or 1 Tbsp ground chia or flax seeds for vegan)
- 1.5 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray an 8×8″ baking dish thoroughly with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients: pureed prunes, egg, honey, vanilla extract, oil/butter, and whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Pour into your greased baking dish and bake for 17 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into brownies comes out clean. Let cool before serving.
Recipes courtesy of Hungry Hanna