Coconut Milk Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp parsley, dill (dried or fresh chopped--fresh will lend a better flavor)
- 1/2 tsp chives
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Make sure you shake the can of coconut milk before opening, so it's not separated.
- In a bowl, combine coconut milk, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
- Use a hand blender or blender to emulsify the liquids and mix the oil together with the other ingredients.
- Add the herbs, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to the liquids and blend.
- Keep the dressing in a jar in the fridge. It will last for at least a week.
- It may separate in the fridge, but just shake it or stir it.
- If a thicker dressing is desired, you can swap in coconut cream for coconut milk.
Cottage Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- Put all ingredients, except basil, into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture in small saucepan and add basil.
- Cook over medium-low heat until heated through and smooth consistency.
- Add more basil, salt and/or pepper, if desired.
- Let cook on very low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over any type of pasta or use for vegetable lasagna.
- If a thicker dressing is desired, you can increase the amount of cheese or add an ingredient such as cornstarch.
Jicama Tacos (Jicama as taco shell)
Ingredients for jicama taco shells
- 1 jicama
- Your favorite taco fixins’!
- Peel the jicama’s outer brown layer using a vegetable peeler
- Position the blade on the mandoline slicer to the thinnest or 2nd thinnest (depending on brand) setting.
- Place the jicama on the mandoline slicing surface and slide down repeatedly to create ‘tortillas.’ Treat like a traditional soft shell tortilla, add your favorite taco filling and enjoy!
- Can also cut using a knife, or buy in slices to use in place of tortilla chips
- Store in a plastic bag up to a week in the fridge.