Spice up your next date night with actress Haylie Duff's kale, black bean and butternut squash tacos, from her new book, The Real Girl's Kitchen !
• 4 leaves curly kale
• Olive oil
• 1 ear sweet corn
• 1 can low-sodium black beans
• 1 chopped jalapeno pepper
• Small corn tortillas
• 2 cups cubed and roasted butternut squash
• Cashew cheese
• Habanero hot sauce
1. Massage kale with a drizzle of olive oil.
2. Boil the corn and cut it from the cob.
3. Sauté the corn, black beans and jalapeno in a skillet on medium heat.
4. Sprinkle the mixture with a generous pinch of sea salt.
5. Warm the tortillas between two paper towels in the microwave.
6. Layer the tortillas with the kale, corn mixture and butternut squash.
7. Drizzle with cashew cheese.
8. Add a few drops of hot sauce.
9. Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve and enjoy!
• Haylie Duff's Watermelon Salad