Almond and Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips
- Chicken breasts, cut in to strips or cubed for nuggets
- 1 cup almonds, unsalted
- 3/4 tbsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tbsp ground white pepper
- 3/4 tbsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tbsp mustard powder
- 3/4 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tbsp cayenne
- 2 egg, broken and slightly beaten
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine almonds and all spices in to a food processor and pulse until almonds have become finely grated. Do not over grind, you will end up with almond butter!
- Dredge your strips! In three separate bowls set up your dredging station. One bowl should contain the two beaten eggs. One bowl should contain the pulverized almonds and the last bowl should contain the shredded coconut.
- Dip the strip in to the egg, then the almond spice powder then BACK in to the egg then in to the shredded coconut.
- Lay chicken on a greased non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 20 mins. Flip the strips over and bake an addition 15 mins or until no longer pink on the inside of the strips
Light Honey Mustard
- 3 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mayo
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of white ground pepper
- mix all ingredients in to a small bowl and chill until you are ready to use.