Jenny's Tips and Tricks to Grilling!
The secret to making fish on the grill without it sticking is making sure the grill is extremely hot and not over cooking it! The advantages of making fish on the grill outside is that your house/kitchen does not reek of fish for the next week! Fish, especially salmon, tend to leave a strong scent lingering behind! So, it's nice to grill outside and enjoy the weather with a nice drink!
Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 1 slab of salmon (skin on) cut into 5 portions
- 1/2 of cup of teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbs of minced garlic
- 1 tbs of brown sugar
- 1 tbs of dijon mustard
- Chile pepper flakes (toasted chile de arbol)
Mango Salsa Ingredients
- 2 cut mango into cubes
- 2 habaneros, minced
- 2 small cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 of med purple onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 of fresh lime juice
- Take the salmon and season with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Combine the teriyaki sauce with the garlic, brown sugar, mustard and chili pepper flakes.
- Drizzle teriyaki sauce on top of salmon and let marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Make sure your grill is nice and hot and clean
- Grease with olive oil spray
- Grill face meat down (skin up) thick part facing you.
- Grill for 3 minutes, then with a large flat spatula quickly lift and flip
- Grill for another 8-10 mins Y Listo!!! (ready)
- Top with mango salsa, drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
Mango Salsa Instructions
- Chop and combine all ingredients.
Recipe courtesy of Jenny Martinez.