For a healthy and delicious dinner to warm you on a chilly autumn night, try nutritionist Keri Glassman's ginger carrot squash soup!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1-inch cube of fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of parsley to garnish
- Saute carrots, butternut squash and onion with coconut oil in a saute pan until fully cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle parsley on top.
For more of Keri's healthy and delicious recipes, visit her website.