Best-selling author and food blogger Danielle Walker shares this waistline-friendly recipe for delicious fish tacos from her book, Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple. Try it today!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
4.8g total fat
1.1g saturated fat
2.8g dietary fiber
- 3 tablespoons macadamia nut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed into a paste
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ pounds white flaky fish, such as tilapia, cod, or mahi mahi
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Mango-pineapple salsa for serving (Recipe below)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and salt. Place the fish in a shallow glass dish, pour the marinade over the top, and turn the fish in the marinade to coat.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Grill the fish, covered for 3 minutes on each side, until it just starts to flake in the center.
- Serve the grilled fish atop the butter lettuce leaves with cabbage and salsa.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cup baby tomatoes (sub papaya for nightshade-free)
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until roughly chopped. Refrigerate to let the flavors meld.
Source: ©Danielle Walker, Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple