- 4 high fiber GG crackers, pulverized
- Egg whites of 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet Truvia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 packets Truvia (or other nonnutritive sweetener, optional)
- Turn waffle maker on to heat
- In a blender, pulverize GGs into a powder or flour-like consistency
- Add egg whites, Truvia, cocoa powder, vanilla, and cinnamon to blender and pulse until ingredients are well combined into a batter
- Once waffle maker is ready, coat both sides with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour batter in and follow directions on waffle maker to cook waffle to desired doneness
- While waffle is cooking, prepare raspberry sauce by placing raspberries, water and nonnutritive sweetener in a small pot over low heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork
- Remove waffle from waffle maker and top with warm raspberry sauce
BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Pizza
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 1 prepared F-Factor cauliflower pizza crusts
- 2/3 cup Annie’s Organic Original BBQ Sauce (or other BBQ sauce with 4g sugar or less per serving)
- 6 oz. chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup part-skim shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare cauliflower pizza crust
- Allow prepared cauliflower crust to cool for 2-3 minutes. Brush crust with BBQ sauce, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle shredded chicken and sliced onion atop BBQ sauce.
- Sprinkle both cheeses atop pizza, then cilantro.
- Place pizza back in preheated oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm
Grass-Fed Beef Greek Feta Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1/2 cup fine wheat bran
- ¼ cup water
- 2 egg whites
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb 97% lean grass-fed beef
- ½ cup fat-free crumbled feta cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In a bowl, mix the wheat bran, water and egg whites, to allow fiber to soften. Set aside.
- Coat a pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add thawed spinach and onion and sauté until translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the beef in a large bowl and add the now softened wheat bran and egg mixture, feta, and seasonings, mixing to combine. Fold in the sautéed vegetables and mix well.
- Form mixture into 4 patties (about 4-inch each).
- Heat a grill or a grill pan and cook burgers until desired wellness (approximately 5 minutes per side).
- Serve as desired. Suggested serving: with F-Factor Tzatziki sauce and whole wheat bun with lettuce and tomato
- Makes 4 servings
F-FACTOR TZATZIKI SAUCE
- 1 8oz container 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded and drained cucumber
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 - 1 garlic glove minced
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped dill
- 1-2 sprays of Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to combine
*Recipes courtesy of Tanya Zuckerbrot