Fettuccini Faux Fredo
- 4 oz. Fettuccine
- 1 C Dried (or two 15 oz. Cans) Great Northern Beans (if using dried, soak overnight)
- 4 Tbl Vegan Margarine, such as Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
- 3 Garlic Cloves, or to taste
- 1 C Almond (or other non-dairy) Milk
- 1-1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbl Nutritional Yeast
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. Broccoli Florets
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 1/2 Loaf French or Italian Baguette
- Parsley and Lemon for garnish
- If using dried beans, soak over night. If using canned, drain and rinse well.
- In a large saute pan, melt the vegan margarine and add the garlic cloves. Cook for 2-3 minutes to infuse the garlic flavor.
- Add the drained beans and vegan margarine mixture to a food processor.
- To that, also add the lemon juice, nutritional yeast and almond milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Puree until absolutely smooth in texture.
- To that same saute pan, add the now processed mixture to reheat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fettuccine and broccoli florets.
- Serve the sauce over prepared pasta. If mixing, do so just before serving as the starch in the pasta will thicken the sauce.
- Serve with broccoli florets and a few slices of homemade or store bought baguette.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon.
Recipe Via The Veg Life blog