They’re eggs-ellent! ER physician Dr. Travis Stork shares three quick and delicious ways to prepare the breakfast superfood.
Hard Boil Hack
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place uncooked, whole eggs in a muffin tin to prevent them from rolling around. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove eggs from oven and place in bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Leave in water for about 10 minutes.
Source: Family Fresh Meals
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice avocados in half, lengthwise, and remove the pits. Scoop out approximately 2 tablespoons of flesh from the center of each avocado, or enough to provide space for an egg to fit snugly.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish; pack tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half, yolk first.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Egg whites should bake long enough to set.
- Remove from oven, add seasonings and enjoy!
Health Egg Muffins
- Cooking spray
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
- 3 large basil leaves, torn
- 6 eggs
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat 6 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray. Add one slice of prosciutto to each. Divide half of the cheese and basil among the cups.
- Crack an egg into each cup, and top with remaining mozzarella and basil.
- Bake until set, approximately 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, and season with pepper, to taste.
- Run a knife around each cup to remove egg muffins. Enjoy!