Start your day off right with this healthy, low-calorie version of the brunch favorite from best-selling author David Zinczenko's latest book, "Zero Belly Cookbook."
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 gluten-free English muffins, split in half
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil spray
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons Zero Belly Mayonnaise, or store bought
- Smoked paprika, to taste (optional)
- Toast the English muffin halves until golden brown.
- Poach 4 eggs (Get instruction to poach an egg here.)
- While the eggs are poaching, heat a medium saute pan over medium heat, spray with olive oil spray, and add the spinach. Use a rubber spatula to stir the spinach until wilted. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess water.
- Top each toasted English muffin half with one-quarter of the spinach mixture and one poached egg.
- Top with 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise and a pinch of smoked paprika, if desired.
Source: "Zero Belly Cookbook," by David Zinczenko. Copyright © 2015 by David Zinczenko. Reprinted by arrangement with Ballantine Books, an imprint of Random House, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. All rights reserved.