"MasterChef Junior" star Jimmy Warshawsky shares his tasty, low-carb version of pepperoni pizza. Try it today!
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the eggplant with coarse salt, let sit on paper towels for 20 minutes, and let dry.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the eggplant slices on a baking sheet and bake until browned and almost tender, about 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce on each eggplant slice. Top with the shredded cheese and pepperoni. Bake until the cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Source: Chef Jimmy Warshawsky