Start your day off right with this healthy and filling egg white muffin you can prepare ahead!
Calories per serving: 67
- 2 1/2 cups egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese of choice
- 2 tablespoons of skim milk
- ½ cup mushrooms
- ½ cup spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin 1/4-1/3 full with veggies and herbs of choice. Add in 1 tablespoon of cheese to each muffin tin.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, and milk.
- Fill each muffin to the top with egg mixture, pouring over the veggies already in each tin. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until risen and slightly golden on top.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then remove from tin.
- After baking, they should kept in the fridge and can be easily reheated.
Source: Ambitious Kitchen