Golden Egg Fried Cauli Rice
Serves: 4-6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: <10 minutes Total Time: <20 minutes
- 2-3 tsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 3/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 cloves garlic chopped small
- 1 scallion sliced thin
- 1 1-inch piece ginger peeled, chopped small (optional)
- 1 cup carrot peeled and diced small
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped small
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 16 oz cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen (about 5 cups or half of a large cauliflower)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce (optional)
- Salt to taste (if not using coconut aminos/soy sauce)
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- olive oil
- First, heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, then turmeric, cumin, scallion, ginger, and carrot. Let them cook for a minute or two, until fragrant. Next, stir in the broccoli and garlic.
- Cook a minute or two before adding the cauliflower rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes (if using frozen cauliflower, put a lid on while cooking). Season with black pepper and coconut aminos or salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, scramble the eggs in a separate pan. Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add the oil, then eggs, and cook, stirring occasionally. Once cooked through, remove to a plate. When the veggie rice is done, mix in the scrambled eggs.