Easier Than Boxed Mac and Cheese -- Fit Baby Version
- Bean pasta with olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Broccoli Pre-made pasta
- Chicken breast or grilled fish (for “FIT MOM” version)
- Run pre-made pasta under instant hot water or boil water in the microwave in 3 minutes and pour that over it to reheat the pasta
- Boil the broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking the pasta
- Toss it in olive oil and parmesan cheese
- If you think your child doesn’t like bean pasta, make sure you’re not overcooking it – I always do it less than package directions for al dente – then it’s not mushy and doesn’t taste like beans.
- Make sure you’re serving the “right” shape of pasta. Make sure you’re buying one that “looks like” what your child already enjoys.
Recipe courtesy of celebrity chef Devin Alexander.