Obesity truly is an American epidemic, and that’s why ER physician Dr. Travis Stork decided to create a flexible and workable diet plan that will help readers lose weight, restore health, prevent disease and add years to their lives. The Doctor’s Diet offers scientifically proven nutrition tips that Dr. Travis follows in his own life. Plus, get healthy and delicious recipes you can whip up easily!
"Every single food we eat in our lives can be made tastier and healthier," Dr. Travis says.
Try Dr. Travis' healthy take on a family favorite: lasagna! With 300 fewer calories than traditional recipes, you can enjoy this dish as often as you'd like!
• 16 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
• 1 bag fresh spinach
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Black pepper to taste
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 8 ounces whole-wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked
• 1 cup marinara sauce
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix cottage cheese, spinach, egg, and red and black pepper.
3. Spritz a baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Spread out half the lasagna noodles.
5. Cover with the cheese/spinach filling; top with the remaining noodles.
6. Pour marinara sauce over the noodles; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Optional: To cut down on carbs, skip the bottom layer of noodles.
• Click here to purchase a copy of The Doctor's Diet.
The Doctor's Diet is published by Bird Street Books, Inc., which is owned by The Doctors executive producer.