Craving a sweet treat but don't want the guilt? Try ER physician Dr. Travis Stork's peanut butter bliss, from his book, The Doctor's Diet Cookbook.
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened toasted dried coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth all-natural, no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, flaxseed, and chocolate chips. Add the peanut butter and honey, and mix together with your hands until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Wash your hands to clear them of sticky dough, then roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in a storage container and store in the refrigerator, where they will keep ready to eat for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer, where they will keep for up to 2 months.
Source: The Doctor's Diet Cookbook by Travis Stork, M.D. Copyright © 2014. Click here to purchase a copy.
The Doctor's Diet and The Doctor's Diet Cookbook are published by Bird Street Books, Inc., which is owned by The Doctors' executive producer.