ER physician Dr. Travis Stork shares a delicious and low-sugar recipe for dark chocolate mousse from his new book, The Doctor's Diet Cookbook, the recipe companion to his best-selling diet book, The Doctor's Diet.
- 2 medium-sized, ripe avocados, cut in half, pit removed, and flesh scooped out
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy, almond, or other nut-based)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and process until silky smooth and creamy, about 3 to 4 minutes, scraping the side of the machine once or twice, as needed.
- Spoon into bowls, cover, and refrigerate until cold before serving.
- Mousse will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to three days.
The Doctor's Diet and The Doctor's Diet Cookbook are published by Bird Street Books, Inc., which is owned by The Doctors' executive producer.