ER physician Dr. Travis Stork challenges reality TV stars Honey Boo Boo and Mama June to a taste test and reveals that the pizza crust is made from cauliflower. Try Dr. Travis' Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe, which is featured in his latest book, The Doctor's Diet Cookbook.
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen cauliflower, thawed in the refrigerator overnight
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Turn a baking sheet upside down, put it in the oven, and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and puree it.
- Wrap the pureed cauliflower in a clean dish towel and wring out as much water as possible.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and add the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, garlic powder and salt, and mix everything together with your hands to combine the ingredients thoroughly. Add the egg and mix it in with your hands.
- Form the mixture into a round of dough and place it on a sheet of parchment paper. Pat the dough down with your hands to form it into an even 9-inch round crust about 1/4-inch thick with a little indentation around the perimeter to keep the toppings from spilling off the sides.
- Slide the parchment onto the hot baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until it starts to brown. Remove from the oven. Add your choice of toppings and bake until bubbling, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice, and serve.
Source: The Doctor's Diet Cookbook by Travis Stork, M.D. Copyright © 2014. Click here to purchase a copy.
The Doctor's Diet and The Doctor's Diet Cookbook are published by Bird Street Books, Inc., which is owned by The Doctors' executive producer.