- A combination of your three favorite nutritional supplement powders – 1 scoop of each.
Dr. Ordon uses:
1 scoop Macro Greens: Macro Greens nourishes the body with body with antioxidants, nutrients, enzymes, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Macro Greens is made with certified organic barley grass. Barley grass can balance cholesterol and reverse diabetes. Additionally, just one teaspoon of barley grass provides 53% of your daily value of vitamin C.
1 scoop Rapid Recovery Formula: Helps to decrease bodily inflammation while providing essential nutrients, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids.
1 scoop protein powder (Max Protein): Dr. Ordon likes to start his morning out with protein because a healthy dose of protein in the morning helps to curb cravings for the rest of the day; it also balances insulin and glucose.
- 1 banana: A great source of vitamin K, fiber and natural sugar.
- ¾ cup mixed berries: Dr. Ordon prefers a mixture of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. These are a great source of fiber and antioxidants. Dr. Ordon also says that they make great brain food!
- ½ fresh peach: High in a number of nutrients, including niacin, thiamine, potassium, calcium and beta carotene.
- ½ cup almond milk: The Ordons like to start their day of with almond milk instead of whole milk because almond milk is a great low-calorie source of vitamin E, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, selenium, iron, fiber, zinc and calcium. It contains only 40 calories per serving, and its long shelf life makes in an economical choice for people who struggle to finish a carton of milk by the expiration date.
- 2 ice cubes
1. Scoop nutritional supplement powders into a blender.
2. Cut the banana into small, circular slices (about 1/3-inch thick) and add to blender.
3. Add berries to blender.
4. Cut peach into slices and add to blender.
5. Add almond milk and two ice cubes to blender.
6. Blend thoroughly until liquefied.
7. Serve immediately.