Psychotherapist Mike Dow shares three tips to boost your memory and focus from his new book, The Brain Fog Fix.
Super Skinny Strawberry Margarita
- 1 1/2 oz. tequila
- 6 oz. club soda or sparkling water
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 5 organic strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend to desired consistency.
Research shows that berries are the best fruit to prevent brain fog. They also have a low glycemic index, so they won't spike your blood sugar.
- 1 oz. cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Optional: Dash of cayenne pepper, fresh pureed ginger
- Blend together, and bottoms up!
According to research, this shot could decrease your risk of Alzheimer's disease by up to 90 percent. In fact, turmeric can help clear your brain of the plaques that cause Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
Dr. Dow recommends spending 12 minutes per day meditating. Research shows that just 12 minutes every day can improve memory, boost mood, and reduce anxiety.
Here's a simple guided meditation to start you off:
- Imagine your mind is a river and you're sitting on the river bank watching it peacefully. See the power of mindfulness when you learn to watch your thoughts and feelings without clinging or judgment.
Source: The Brain Fog Fix, by Dr. Mike Dow