Breakfast Poke Bowl
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups strawberries, de-stemmed and cut into rounds
- 2-inch piece ginger, juiced (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Add rice, 2 ½ cups of the almond milk and pinch of salt to a small pot. Stir to combine and bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce flame, cover pot and cook rice for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend or thoroughly whisk together the remaining ½ cup almond milk with the matcha and maple syrup, and fold into cooked rice. Rice can be served hot, at room temperature, or chilled.
- Peel and grate ginger on the large setting of a box grater and squeeze between hands or through cheesecloth to extract juice. Discard ginger pulp.
- Gently toss cut strawberries with ginger juice. Allow mixture to marinate for a few minutes.
- Toast sesame seeds by placing in a small pan and warming over low heat for 1 minute, or until seeds becoming fragrant.
- Place rice into bowls and top with ginger/ macerated strawberries/ and toasted black sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Danny Seo.