Apple Nut Butter Sandwiches
- 6 apple slices
- 3 tbsp. nut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. chia seeds
- Spread nut butter on 3 apple slices.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp. Chia seeds on each slice.
- Top with remaining apple slices.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup frozen vegetables, steamed (peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc...)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- to taste sea salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- Add a protein like chicken or chickpeas for added nutrition!
- Cook whole wheat pasta (any fun shape your children like) according to package directions and set aside in medium sized bowl.
- Steam veggies and add to pasta.
- Dress pasta and veggie combo with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.
- 4 slices (4 oz.) Nitrite free deli meat (ham, turkey), folded in half and in half again
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 mini cucumber, sliced 4 ½ to 1 inch cube cheese
- 2 6-inch wooden kebab sticks
- Skewer meat, tomato, cucumber slice, cheese and repeat twice on each stick
- Serve with 1 cup berries