- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup creamy cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- Unsweetened chocolate chips, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 3 mini spring-form pans or an 8 ½ x 4 ½ -inch loaf pan.
- With an electric or stand mixer, whisk the eggs and baking soda until foamy and doubled in volume. Add the cashew butter, vanilla, and maca powder and continue mixing for a few more minutes.
- With a spoon, stir in the desired amount of chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the pan(s) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes our clean.
- Let cool briefly in the pan, then invert onto a rack to cool completely before serving.
Recipes courtesy of Bethany Ugarte