Coffee Flour Cookies
- ½ cup butter or butter substitute (such as Earth Balance, Smart Balance) softened
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coffee flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chunks/chips
- zest from half an orange
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream together the butter, honey, and egg.
- Mix-in the baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and coffee flour and mix until combined.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, orange zest, and chocolate chunks and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets about 3 inches apart using a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. They will not "look" done, and will still be very soft but will lose their doughy shine.
- After 2-3 minutes remove the cookies to a cooling rack to prevent them from overcooking.
Recipe courtesy of food trend expert Max Lugavere.