A healthier alternative to holiday eggnog? You'd never know it with this luscious smoothie — like a salty-sweet, chocolate pecan pie in a glass!
Makes four 8-oz. servings
• 1 cup pecans
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3 tablespoons agave
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 and 1/2 cups almond milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 and 1/2 cups ice
• Pour in a glass and enjoy!
• Add the pecans to a blender. Pulse to finely chop.
• Add cocoa powder, agave and salt. Pulse 5 times.
• Set the blender to medium speed. Slowly increase speed to high, and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
• Add almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and ice to the blender. Set the blender to medium and slowly increase the speed to high.