The Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien shares a recipe for Chocolate Chip Stuffed Strawberries.
- 5 large strawberries
- 2 tablespoons light/low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 no-calorie sweetener packet
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Slice the stem ends off the strawberries, about 1/2 inch, revealing an opening in each berry.
- Use a narrow spoon to remove about half of the flesh inside each berry, allowing room for filling.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta, sweetener, and vanilla extract until uniform.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into a bottom corner of a plastic bag, snip off the tip of that corner to create a small hole, and pipe the mixture through the hole into the strawberries.
- Top with chocolate chips.
Makes one serving.
96 calories, 3.5g fat, 42mg sodium, 14g carbs, 2g fiber, 9.5g sugars, 3.5g protein