For a delicious, low-calorie dessert that won't destroy your diet, try this tasty treat from best-selling author David Zinczenko's latest book, "Zero Belly Cookbook."
Yield: 12 truffles
- 1/2 cup natural, no-salt-added almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw Manuka honey
- 2/3 cup chocolate plant-based protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, dry roasted in a pan over medium until fragrant (about 2 minutes), and finely chopped
- Mix together the almond butter, honey, protein powder, and kosher salt in a bowl.
- Roll the truffle mixture into 12, one-inch balls. Roll in the toasted almonds.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour and serve cold.
Source: "Zero Belly Cookbook," by David Zinczenko. Copyright © 2015 by David Zinczenko. Reprinted by arrangement with Ballantine Books, an imprint of Random House, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. All rights reserved.