The Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien shares a recipe for her Chicken Hungry Girl-fredo Bowl.
- 1 bag House Foods Tofu Shirataki Fettuccine Shaped Noodle Substitute (found with tofu in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces cooked skinless chicken breast, chopped or sliced
- 1 1/2 cups steamed cauliflower
- Optional seasonings: garlic powder, paprika
- Use a strainer to rinse and drain noodles.
- Thoroughly pat dry (The drier, the better!).
- Roughly cut noodles.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat.
- Add all ingredients except chicken and veggies, breaking the cheese wedges into pieces.
- Cook and stir until cheese has melted, mixed with sour cream, and coated noodles, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in steamed veggies and top with chicken.
Directions for Steaming Veggies:
- Place veggies in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water.
- Cover and microwave for 3 minutes, or until softened. Repeat as needed.
- Drain or blot dry.
Makes one serving.
340 calories, 8.5g fat, 693mg sodium, 24.5g carbs, 10.5g fiber, 10g sugars, 41g protein