Superstar Rihanna's personal chef, Debbie Solomon, shares a healthy and delicious recipe for chicken curry!
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican curry
- 2 pinches cumin
- 3 pinches black pepper
- 1 potato and 2 teaspoons curry
- 1 green onion
- 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper, cut in 2 thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- Peel potato and dice in small squares. In a small pot, place the potato in water with 2 teaspoons of curry and salt and cook. The chicken will cook faster than the potatoes, so do this first.
- Cut chicken in bite-size pieces. Season with dry ingredients and add all veggies. Add a little water to create a paste, but not too wet. Then, rub it all in. Let chicken marinate for at least a half hour in the refrigerator.
- Place a medium sauté pan on stove over medium heat.
- Once pan is hot, add chicken mixture to the pan and sauté. No color though, maybe two minutes. Then add stock and cook until tender. (Use more curry if needed.) Adjust seasoning and add a tiny piece of butter to finish. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and add to the cooked chicken.
- Serve with white or brown rice.
Source: Chef Debbie Solomon