Harvest Fall Salad
- 2 Medjool dates, soaked in ½ cup hot water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped
- 15 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400. degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potato, cauliflower florets and chickpeas with salt, pepper, oil and chili flakes. Roast for 30-40 minutes. Let cool.
- Divide the mixed greens and honeycrisp apple between 2 plates or bowls, top with roasted veggies, pecans, feta cheese, and drizzle with the creamy date dressing. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Stuart O'Keeffe.