White Bean Stew
- 1 can Organic white beans (cannellini beans)
- 1 can filled with water
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sprigs thyme picked off stem
- 1/2 chicken bouillon cube
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch curly kale chopped stems/ rib removed
- Dice onion and garlic sauté in pan with olive oil until translucent. Add Kale and sauté for 1-2 mins. Add beans followed by water in same can.
- Cook on med high heat until bubbly Add thyme and black pepper add bouillon cube Lower heat and cover for 30-50 mins stirring occasionally making sure beans do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- At this point you should have noticed a very silky and creamy consistency has become of the beans, Add red wine vinegar 10 mins before cutting fire off on beans. Time to serve.
- It is important not to add any extra salt to this dish. The chicken bouillon has enough salt in it and while reducing if more salt is added your dish will be ruined.
- If you notice beans are reducing too fast add water a few tsp at a time to loosen stew.
- Eat over rice for a more hearty meal
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kayla Greer.