World-renowned chef Jeff Henderson turned his life of crime into a life of cooking. He joins The Doctors to share his simple and delicious recipe for chicken paillard from his new book, If You Can See It, You Can Be It: 12 Street Smart Recipes for Success. Learn how dining on a dime can be healthy and delicious!
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 to 5 ounces each)
• 3-4 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 tablespoon parsley
• ½ tablespoon thyme
• Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using a mallet pound chicken until it is 1/2-inch thick.
2. Season chicken with parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Pour canola oil in a medium skillet set over medium high heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook until golden and cooked through.
4. Transfer chicken to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.