Nutritionist Keri Glassman shares this antioxidant-rich and delicious recipe. Start your day off with this diet-friendly delight!
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 omega-3-enriched eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
- 2 ounces chopped ham
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 6-cup nonstick muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Combine the wheat germ and flaxseed in a small bowl. Add 1 heaping teaspoon of the mixture to each muffin cup, spreading to coat the bottoms evenly.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites and milk in a bowl.
- Add the garlic powder, black pepper, tarragon, jalapeno and goat cheese, and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the broccoli and ham. Divide the mixture among the muffin cups, using 1/4 cup measures.
- Bake 30-35 minutes on the middle rack in the oven, or until the mini quiches are lightly browned on top and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool in the pan on a rack for 5 to 10 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the edges from the pan, and remove the mini quiches.