Enjoy the great flavors of take-out — without the excessive calories — with this healthy and delicious low-calorie chow mein recipe!
Makes 4 servings
200 calories per serving
• 2 large sweet potatoes
• 3 tablespoons sesame oil
• 3-4 garlic cloves
• 3 oz. cabbage, finely chopped
• 3 oz. bok choy
• 6 shitake mushrooms, cut into small pieces
• 1/2 small carrot, peeled and either sliced or cut into thin strips
• 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
• 3 tablespoons water
• 4 oz. bean sprouts
• 2 chopped scallion stalks
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Optional: 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce, on the side
1. Put sweet potatoes through spiralizer. Boil a pot of water and cook sweet potato pasta for 10-12 minutes.
2. Heat up a wok or pan over high heat. When it’s heated, add the oil to the wok/pan.
3. Add the garlic and stir-fry until aromatic, follow by the mushrooms. Then add in the cabbage, bok choy and carrot, stir continuously.
4. Add the sweet potato noodles into the wok/pan, follow by the coconut aminos, water, pepper and pinch of salt. Stir back and forth and toss the mixture for about 1 minute.
5. Add the bean sprouts, stir to combine well. As soon as the bean sprouts are cooked, add the scallion, stir a few more times, dish out and serve immediately with the optional garlic chili sauce.