For a healthy alternative to the household favorite, try this delicious vegetarian recipe for cauliflower "chicken" nuggets!
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 1cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder, to taste
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and seasonings. Taste the mix to make sure you like the flavor.
- Crack an egg into a large, sealable freezer bag, then add the cauliflower pieces to the bag. Close seal and mix well until the cauliflower is fully covered in egg.
- Open the bag and pour the bread crumb mix inside. Seal the bag again and mix the cauliflower with the bread crumbs until the pieces are coated.
- Pour the coated cauliflower onto a baking sheet and place it in the oven for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the edges of the cauliflower start to crisp, use a spatula to turn the cauliflower for even cooking.
- Continue cooking until the outside is modestly crisp and the inside is cooked through.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice.
Source: Girls Gone Sporty