- 16 ounce bag of frozen broccoli florets
- Oil spray (coconut, olive or avocado oil work well)
- 1 tsp low sodium or sodium free taco seasoning blend
- 4 ounces of ground lean meat, turkey or meatless crumbles
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim pepper jack, mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup homemade or store bought pico de gallo
- 1/2 jalepeno, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 lime, for garnish (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. sliced black olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Empty bag of broccoli florets directly onto baking sheet. Spray top of broccoli pieces liberally with oil spray. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and toss to coat. Bake for 20-25 min.
- While the broccoli bakes, place a skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray. Add in meat, Turkey or meatless crumble and stir until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from oven and sprinkle on 1/4 cup or 2 slices of the pepper jack cheese and let melt out of the oven over the heated broccoli for one to two minutes. Evenly top the broccoli and cheese with the cooked meat or meatless alternative.
- Add the additional quarter cup of shredded cheese and placed back in the oven for five minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with Pico de gallo, olives, jalapeños and lime.