Breakfast Burrito (Mugrito)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Total time: 7 minutes
- 1 large 9 inch tortilla (flour or whole wheat)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons beans (pinto/black beans)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- In a large microwavable mug, press in a fresh tortilla. It will naturally fold into the shape of the mug and find its way.
- Crack in your eggs and whisk up with a fork, taking care not to tear the tortilla.
- Now add in your favorite burrito mixings like cheese, beans and scallions. Season with salt and pepper and mix all together. Whatever ingredients you have to hand will work great.
- Microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds. Check, and if the eggs are still liquid, cook for another 15 -20 seconds. Keep an eye during cooking so the eggs don’t over heat. You don’t want an egg-plosion in your microwave. The cook time is based on a 1200W microwave.
- Once done, let it sit for 3 minutes to cool and serve with some sour cream and salsa on top.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 455 Fat: 23g Saturated fat: 11g Unsaturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 37g Sugar: 7gSodium: 780g Fiber: 6g Protein: 27g Cholesterol: 406g
Chef Gemma Stafford