- 2 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) liquid egg whites (from about 6 large eggs)
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Panfry the bacon in a nonstick skillet using a nonmetal spatula until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a plate and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the bacon grease in the pan and saute over medium high heat for 30 seconds, then reduce the heat to medium. Pour the egg whites into the skillet and scramble for 10 seconds. Add the peas and cover with a lid for 30 seconds. Uncover and scramble the contents together for 15 seconds or until the peas are bright green and no longer frozen.
- Add the rice to the skillet and top with the soy sauce and paprika. Stir-fry together until all ingredients are equally distributed. Crumble the bacon and stir into the fried rice if you like, or simply serve as whole pieces on the side. Serve with hot sauce.