- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (5 thighs)
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1 Tbs. flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- In a rice cooker, add the rinsed quinoa, 2 cups chicken stock, minced shallot, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt. Stir it together, set it and forget it. (You can do this stove top, too!)
- While the quinoa cooks, heat 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil in a wide skillet over a medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear for six minutes per side. You want some good browning on both sides. If you need to flip for another two minutes per side, go ahead. Move the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Now for the sauce! Melt the butter in the pan until it starts to foam. Add the flour and whisk it until it thickens, just a few seconds. Add the garlic, a Tbs. of stock and whisk/simmer it for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the remaining stock, lemon zest and juice, and minced parsley. Let this simmer anywhere from five to 10 minutes. Nestle the chicken back in the sauce and spoon the juices over the chicken, letting it all fall in love.
- Serve the chicken over the quinoa, spooning as much of the lemon parsley sauce over it as you can possibly handle.