Note from Chef Lapine: Instead of Feta, you can use Kite Hill almond milk ricotta, which has a similarly wonderful tang. If you buy beets with their greens, you can also sauté the finely chopped greens with the garlic at the beginning of this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed ghee, butter or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 medium beets, spiralized into noodles
- ¼ cup vegetable stock, red wine or water
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, ricotta salata or almond milk ricotta (see note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat the ghee, olive oil or butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and red chili flakes. Sauté for one minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the beet noodles and toss to combine. Pour in the stock, water or wine and cook until reduced by half, about one minute. Cover the noodles and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes, tossing once during cooking.
- Off the heat, top with the pine nuts, crumbled cheese, lemon juice, and basil
Recipe courtesy of Chef Phoebe Lapine