- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of shallots, sliced and chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 large carrots, ribbon with a vegetable peeler
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the shallot and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt, basil, and pepper, and cook 5-6 minutes until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add in the carrot ribbons and sauté for one minute.
- In a separate pot add olive oil and sauté garlic, basil, and oregano. Add in vegetable stock and tomatoes with juice and bring to a simmer. After it begins to simmer, add sugar.
- Stir in the sauce with the carrot ribbons and let everything cook for 6-8 minutes until 'noodles' are done to your liking.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!
Courtesy of Chef Jernard Wells