Bacon wrapped steak with lobster ravioli in brown butter sauce (surf and turf) with asparagus.
- 2 Fillet mignon steak, 6-8 ounces each – cut at least 1” thick
- 2 Bacon strips, thin center cut
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 stalks of Asparagus
- Wrap the edges of the steak with a strip of bacon and secure each with a skewer or big toothpick. Allow steak to come to room temperature (around 30 minutes). Meanwhile on low heat cook garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat your pan. Add grapeseed oil. Add steak and sear for 3-5 minutes on each side. Season with garlic, salt and pepper. Cooked to desired doneness – medium rare is recommended.
- Add asparagus stalks to pan to marry with all the bacon-steak juices. When steaks are ready transfer to plate. Allow your steak to rest 3-5 minutes for juices to redistribute. Remove the skewer before plating.
- 8-10 Lobster ravioli
- 2 tablespoons Truffle butter
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh herbs, minced
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook the ravioli to al dente according to package instructions. Melt truffle butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add saffron and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked ravioli to the butter truffle saffron sauce and toss to coat. Garnish with pepper, fresh herbs and grated parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Chef LaLa.