- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced, or 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons hummus
- Smashed adzuki beans (optional; Eden Organics is great), for more protein and added delicious flavor
- 4 large fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- Handful of sprouts or microgreens
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan pink, or Redmond Real Salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Set out each romaine leaf as you would a rice paper roll or a piece of sandwich bread.
- Smear half of the avocado or hummus into the romaine leaves and add a spoonful of 50 smashed adzuki beans (if using), top with the rest of the diced avocado or hummus, then the cilantro, onion, and sprouts or microgreens.
- Drizzle the lime juice on top, and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Roll the leaves to form a wrap or burrito shape and enjoy right away.
Recipes courtesy Daryl Gioffre.