- 3 ears of corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 (15.5-ounce) cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 red onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning, more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 cups cold filtered water
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Place corn over open gas. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until blistered.
- Cool slightly and use a sharp knife to shave corn kernels off cob (approximately 3 cups.)
- Heat medium to large Dutch oven over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add olive oil chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in diced onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions soften, stirring occasionally. Fold in blistered corn, reserving 1/2 cup garnish. Add salt, Old Bay seasoning, and vinegar and cook for additional minute. Add stock and bring to a simmer. Cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Briefly rinse oats in colander. Add to blender along with filtered water. Blend for 20 seconds on high speed. Strain through fine mesh bag or cheesecloth.
- Add oat "milk" to soup. Bring soup to a boil, stirring frequently for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls. Top with reserved blistered corn, sliced scallions, and additional Old Bay seasoning.
Recipes courtesy of Danny Seo.