Pediatrician Dr. Jim Sears shares how to make a delicious, bite-sized breakfast to start your day off the right and healthy way.
- 2 cups pancake mix (preferably whole wheat or multigrain mix)
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup freshly-chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon pure agave nectar or honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325° F
2. Stir pancake mix and cinnamon together until dispersed evenly throughout mixing bowl.
3. Add milk, egg, agave/honey and vegetable oil (optional).
4. Beat ingredients together until batter is smooth.
5. Gently fold in chopped apple slices.
6. Divide batter evenly into greased or lined mini cupcake pan.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
* The addition of vegetable oil will produce more moist breakfast bites.